Re: Bathroom Fans
Posted by hj on February 01, 19100 at 00:58:12:
In response to Re: Bathroom Fans
If you have a 2000 sq. ft. house, the fans will turn the air over in about one and a half hours, but that assumes that no new moisture is introduced while it is happening, which is a fallacy. In addition, where is the air coming from which is replacing that which you are exhausting? Unless you will be allowing 260-300 to enter the house, the fans will not be able to exhaust that much air.

: I currently have my main and ensuite bathroom fans vented into the soffit of my house which is causing mold and mildew forming on the inside of my roof as the moist air moves up the roof rather than going outside. (so I am told) To fix the problem I have been told to have the fan vents extended to vent out throught the soffits. While that was being done, I planned on upgrading the fans that came with the house (50-70CFM) to 130-150 CFM fans to help ventilate the house since condensation forms the house windows. The main bathroom fan is connected to a dehumidistate, but only changes the house moisture by 10% (sitting at 50% currently). I was going to have the ensuite fan connected to a dehumidistate as well. Hopefully, along with the furnace fan running all day, the ventilation will be improved to decrease the house moisture and stop the mold forming on the inside of my roof. Any suggestions as to the number of CFM I will need or if my thinking will work? The house is a two storey basement entry, 2200 sq. ft. Main bathroom is 6X7 and the ensuite is 5X7.

Replies to this post
There are none.