Re: Drain Vents
Posted by Mark on January 22, 19100 at 19:39:35:
In response to Re: Drain Vents
: : I am finishing an appartment above a garage. The apartment is 30 ft wide by 50 ft long. The septic pipe exists the garage at the south west corner. I am putting the bathroom in the middle of the west wall (which is the 50 side of the garage/apt).Opposite the bathroom (28 foot across the garage) on the east wall is the Kitchen sink.
: : My question: Can I put 1 drain vent by the bathroom (to vent the toilet,shower and sink) and will that also be adaquate for the kitchen sink across the stucture at 28 ft away? I will be using all 4" PVC as the main drain trunk thru the structure. do not want to put two roof penetrations in.

: : Thanks
: : Mark

: Mark, the answer is NO. vent the kit. maybe you can bring the vent across the ceiling back into the main vent. That 4" vent only needs to be 2". Dale Plumbing Service LMP

Thanks for the reply

The MAIN DRAIN TRUNK is all 4" . The vent for the bath will only be 2". You dont think the main trunk (at 4") going all the way to the kitchen will allow enough venting? I'm only going to feed it w/ a 2" drain from the kit sink.

Your saying I can take the kit. vent and take that back horizontally in the kit. ceiling to the bath vent and make 1 roof penitration. Ok....is there a problem if the kit vent ---once I bring it across the ceiling to the bath ....if the vent pipe slopes down about 4 feet to get to the bath vent?

Replies to this post
There are none.