Re: Clogged drain/no hot water--Please Help
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service LMP on January 18, 19100 at 19:08:12:
In response to Re: Clogged drain/no hot water--Please Help
: I have an upstains mastwer bath. I have a single lever/pull on and off faucet type. My son went up to take a bath. He said he turned the water on, and all very dirty water came on, like sewage. He let it run a minute or two, and it cleared up, but then the water didn't go down the drain. I went up and tried to plunge it down. but it did no good. I then turned on the water, and discovered that there was no hot water at all. When I mover the lever to the hot side, no water came out. I have hot water to the rest of the house, and the hot water heater seems to be working fine. I am at a loss as to what to do. I can understand the drain being clogged, but why don't I have hot water to the tub. ???????What, if anything, can I do to fix this. Do I need a plumber, a drain cleaner???? What????? Help.

Len. It sounds like some rust or crud from your galvanized pipe broke loose and lodged in the small opening of the seat in your faucet. Has anyone been turning valves or working on any plumbing? You will have to take your faucet apart and flush the hot side out. You may need to remove the seat also.use pipe dope when replaceingthe seat. It will take 2 people to flush the line. Dale's Plumbing Service LMP

Replies to this post
There are none.