Re: removing galvanized pipe
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service on January 12, 19100 at 20:19:37:
In response to Re: removing galvanized pipe
: I have a pin hole leak in a 3/4" cold water
: galvanized pipe. It is clamped. It has ninety
: degree elbows at each end. How do I remove the
: pipe to replace it? It would seem that I would
: be screwing one end in while unscrewing
: the other.

Brian, They make a tool called a hack saw. It saws metal. cut about 6" from each end then unscrew the pipe. I hope you are a calm fellow as this could turn into your worst nightmare. Even us old timers fear working on the old galvanized. Have a good plumber on standby. Good luck with your project. Dale Peck LMP

Replies to this post