Re: remodel bathroom
Posted by tech man on January 11, 19100 at 11:58:21:
In response to Re: remodel bathroom
: : Hello:

: : I need to do something about my kids second floor bathroom. This is an older home which has the ear marks of an owner built home, or at least planned by the owner. When my kids get careless in the shower which is above the kitchen table on the first floor, water drips from the light fixture over the kitchen table. I believe it is leaking through the bathroom floor. The bathroom floor has linoleum and is discolored behind the toilet which sits next to the tub.

: : I would like to replace both the tub and toilet and also take up the linoleum and put down tile. What should I look for in the subfloor? Is plywood suitable for this or should I look at something else? What can I do about future water spills on the bathroom floor?

: : Thanks in advance;

: : Gene Roll

: Gene, I guess you can treat the floor as an entire shower pan. when you tear out the floor lay 30lb felt on the sub floor then put in a mud and tile floor. I put a wonderboard floor down in my bath and glued tile over it. You may want to see an expert tile company for some good sound advice as i am sure you want this done right the first time and you want it to last. Dale Peck LMP

I'm doing the same thing. Get the Black and Decker "Remodling Bathrooms" book. It has a tone of step by step procedures from ripping out the tub, toilet, floor, to reinstalling tile, tub, sheetrock, concrete board (for ceramic tile) etc..
It even has electrical and plumbing procedures.

Replies to this post
There are none.