Re: water pressure regulator
Posted by Jeanette Vetrano on January 04, 19100 at 15:21:52:
In response to Re: water pressure regulator
: : HELP! As a marine aquarium hobbiest, I am considering installing a reverse osmosis system to provide pure
: : water for the aquarium as well as for drinking and cooking. I have well water and the pump controls are currently
: : set so that the house pressure varies from 22 psi to 45 psi. The RO system that I'm looking at requires input pressure
: : between 30-40 psi. I could install a different control switch in the pump and set the on-off pressures to achieve that level
: : but, the pump will start and stop consideralbly more often. Is there a water pressure regulator that I can install
: : between the house supply line and the RO unit to equalize the pressure at around 35 psi? Or is there a better solution?
: : I would greatly appreciate your input. Please provide as much detail as you can so I can get the best understanding
: : possible(I need pictures-----sometimes!!!!Ha Ha!). THANK you in advance for your time! Gene.

: Gene, Shut off the power to your pump then open a faucet till the water stops. get a compressure and put in 28 lgs of air in you BLADDER TANK. I hope you have one. then adjust the pressure switch until you get it to come on at 30lbs and off at 50lbs.You may want to get a well man to help you on this. Dale Peck LMP

My questions on a regulator is this: What if you don't have one? I just purchased a 10 year old home and my water pressure is under 35psi. I don't have a regulator by my inside main line. I would like to increase my pressure...reason....when I turn on the water, (either hot or cold) it comes out with a great deal of force. Then after 2-3 seconds it drops considerably. What could the problem be?

Replies to this post
There are none.