Re: serious problem with ventless fireplace logs
Posted by Moore on December 28, 1999 at 04:06:59:
In response to Re: serious problem with ventless fireplace logs
You are smart to be concerned. The butane could have caused a VERY SERIOUS problem. You need to document the situation, the faulty switch the phone conversations, and the butane problem and the return service call. Give the installing contractor fair warning that you are concerned, in a written letter sent certified mail.Then contact your homeowners insurance agent and ask for legal representation and assistance. There is a small possibility that the logs are defective, and the manufacturer will be VERY interested to hear what you have to say, but I'll gaurantee you the manufacturer will pay very close attention to what your insurance agent has to say. Get yourself the best mouthpiece you can, and MAKKE YOUR HOME SAFE! Make sure the installation contractor is LICENSED and Bonded.


: We have a less than two year old set of ventless fireplace logs that were professionally installed when we built. We have already had the blower switchreplaced once because of problems on installation. This morning we turned the logs on and the blower; then went about our morning routine. We noticed an odor in the house and found that the blower was working; but the logs were no longer lit and butane gas filled the house. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if we had gone back to bed; or lit them at night? Is there a particular brand you can recommend? I am calling the installing company to come back and look at them; but I don't have much faith in their ability to fix the problem. Is this common? It seems terribly dangerous. I'm being to wish we had stayed with a woodburning fireplace.




Replies to this post
There are none.