Re: plumbing code
Posted by Dick on December 22, 1999 at 09:34:29:
In response to Re: plumbing code
OK , then i guess the next question is does anybody pay any attention to it?

how do you get away with ignoring it? (I don't mean you specificly, I mean professional plumbers in general)
I'm making the assumption that it is ignored because if i called you out to put in a new water heater and a shower faucet and you told me I needed to replace the 40 gal model with an 80 gal (which i don't have room for) to keep up with my family and i needed a $150 pressure balance faucet and additional $$ for a tile man to patch holes instead of a $75 3 handle faucet, I would be a little upset. Not to mention the dishwasher that won't work at 120 deg because it's not one of the more expensive ones that heat the water internaly.

Most of the plumbing fixtures and equipment i see for sale is not designed to control temperature or to work at a controlled temp. How come????

: : What are the current plumbing code requirements as far as max water heater temperature and temp limit settings on shower and sink faucets?

: : I have seen several references to 120 deg max water heater temp and 110 deg limits on faucets. But the majority of faucets and water heaters i see for sale don't have any specific limits?

: 120 degrees. UPC 1997

Replies to this post
There are none.