Re: Polybutelene Plumbing
Posted by on December 21, 1999 at 16:08:48:
In response to Re: Polybutelene Plumbing

As Kathy mentioned you should contact the Consumer Plumbing Recovery Center. An additional contact number that you can use is 800-356-3496. You can also have a look at their web site at Another great source of polybutylene information can be found at Follow the link listed below.

: About a year ago we purchased a home built between 1990 and 1991. I had some plumbing work done and discovered a leak in my shower. The plumber who did the repair work informed me the house had this type of plumbing. Currently, I'm in the process of remodeling a different bathroom and have again been informed by the new plumber that I have polybutelene piping. This plumber told me about a class action suit and suggested I research it as he was told I might be able to get the house replumbed. Also, I think I have additional leakage in the first bathroom although it has not yet been verified by a plumber.

: What can I do? Is it too late to get anything done legally (as part of a class action suit). Please let me know.
: Thank you.
: Debby Sprechman

Replies to this post
There are none.