serious problem with ventless fireplace logs
Posted by Henry on December 14, 1999 at 08:44:38:
We have a less than two year old set of ventless fireplace logs that were professionally installed when we built. We have already had the blower switchreplaced once because of problems on installation. This morning we turned the logs on and the blower; then went about our morning routine. We noticed an odor in the house and found that the blower was working; but the logs were no longer lit and butane gas filled the house. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if we had gone back to bed; or lit them at night? Is there a particular brand you can recommend? I am calling the installing company to come back and look at them; but I don't have much faith in their ability to fix the problem. Is this common? It seems terribly dangerous. I'm being to wish we had stayed with a woodburning fireplace.



Replies to this post