Re: Kohler power-assisted toilet problems
Posted by Terry Love on December 06, 1999 at 21:40:56:
In response to Re: Kohler power-assisted toilet problems
: I am stuck with two Kohler power-assisted toilets that are now useless. The first one stopped flushing about a month ago and the second one is about to poop out as well.

: Plumber indicated that they have had similar complaints. Plumber ordered pressure assist cannister part, which is on back-order. I am getting tired of waiting for resolution, but fortunately have a good ole gravity toilet to fall back on. I emailed Kohler with questions and they just referred me to an "800 number" which puts you on hold for 20+ minutes.

: My toilets came with the house which was new in 1995. I live in an upscale development in South Florida. I suspect that a lot of people may be suffering from the same faulty system with a very limited useful life and no owner serviceable parts.

: If you know of more names of dissatisfied consumers then please send me their names because I am an attorney and may pursue this matter further.

: Thanks, Bill

Bill,
Does the pressure assist unit have a brand name on it?
Kohler had their own pressure assist tank for a while before they switched to the Sloan Flushmate, which by the way has been a good unit.
http://www.flushmate.com
PDF manuals can be downloaded off the web for the Flushmate.

Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.