Re: Galvanized pipes
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service on December 04, 1999 at 03:28:09:
In response to Re: Galvanized pipes
: Hello. I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel and need to relocate some galvanized pipes running to the sink. What kind of tools and fittings do I need to connect CPVC to the galvanized pipes? Do I use a hacksaw to cut the existing gal. pipes?

: Thanks!

Pedelozi, You need to get some pipe wrenches (2- 14") and unscrew the old galvanized pipe out. Then get 1/2" brass x cpvc male adapters and use pipe dope on all threads to change over to cpvc.Use only cpvc glue and primer.If you do not have much plumbing experience I suggest you may want a licenced master plumber to help you do this as a mistake may cause a flood. Good luck On your project. Dale Peck LMP

Replies to this post
There are none.