Re: Ceptic tanks
Posted by Moore on December 01, 1999 at 02:36:33:
In response to Re: Ceptic tanks
You don't say what geographical area the home is, but in the event you decide to enter escrow, tell the Realtor you want a contingency clause that the Septic tank and disposal field will be certified to be expected to give good service for more than three years. The Escrow Representative contacts a LICENSED Septic Tank service company who will excavate the septic tank primary and secondary chambers to determine if the tank has overflowed recently, and if the piping is in good repair. Then the tank will be pumped to see if it is certifiably in good repair. If it is then you will be glad to know the system functions well, and you won't be burdened with city sewer connection and sewer use fees. If the septic tank shows signs of overflow, the seepage pit, cesspool, or disposal field will be excavated to determine the extent of damage, and to determine the likely area for installation of a new disposal field. In the event sewer is now available to the property within 5000 feet, there will not be a permit issued for the installation of a new disposal field, and a sewer connection will be required to be paid for and installed prior to your taking occupancy. If you have further questions, e-mail me at edcd@gte.net

: I am considering purchasing a home built in 1938. It runs on a ceptic tank vs. a sewer. Is this a serious point of consideration in the purchase and what questions should I ask to ensure making the right decision? Also, what problems could this cause for me in the future?

Replies to this post
There are none.