Re: annode rod
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service on November 30, 1999 at 05:35:34:
In response to Re: annode rod
: Help!
: Our hot water has an odor similiar to rotten eggs. My husband believes it is the annode rod but can not figure out how to remove it. The heater is a Reliance model # 5 4020RT8FB. Can you give me any advice on how to contact Reliance, or how to remove the rod.
: Thanks a million.
: Nancy Dingerson

Nancy, Removeing the anode tube will shorten the life of the heater,but it does add to the rotton egg smell. I use an impact tool and or a socket and 1/2" breaker bar to remove the anode rod from the top of the heater.You should see a plug on top of the heater. Dale Peck LMP

Replies to this post
There are none.