Re: Good practice for copper pipe and framing members?
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service on November 22, 1999 at 20:04:57:
In response to Re: Good practice for copper pipe and framing members?
: I am having a house built. The plumbers are often use those plastic pipe brackets, the ones that have two ears and slip into the space between framing and pipe ( where the pipe passes through holes in the framing.) However, I notice that in many cases there are no brackets and the pipe is actually touching the wood framing. I'm a real novice here, and don't want to make an issue out of a non-issue, so my question is what is good practice on copper pipe and wood framing? Is there a laymans guide online anywhere? Any information appreciated.

David, The plumber is useing pipe insulators. It keeps the pipe from rattling in the walls. If he has some forced through the holes and they are not lined up correctly and they are hot water lines they may go tic tic tic tic because they are expanding and rubbing against the wood.I would ask your plumber to check the water pipes real good so he can prevent a real problem later on. It only takes a minute now before it is rocked. Dale Peck LMP

Replies to this post
There are none.