Re: polybutylene pipe
Posted by Moore on November 08, 1999 at 00:11:05:
In response to Re: polybutylene pipe
You don't say what geographical location you are in, whether the house is a tract or custom or owner builder house, whether it is in the County jurisdiction, the State, which City, what damages were incurred,if the liability exposure is upon your property only or if there is Class action liability in the street, and if the builder is well established, or unable to cover the cost of litigation. See Terry's Home Page on PIPES for assistance on financial recovery. In the event the Builder was Licensed and was issued a Building Permit to use the product, and it was inspected and signed off by the City, your recourse is extremely limited, though not hopeless. In the event your damages are recurring or exceed U.S. $2000.00 and class action is noted, you have many options available. If you wish to go further into the matter, e-mail me at edcd@gte.net

: I purchased a home 3 1/2 years ago that was built in April 1989. It has polybutylene buried underground from the meter to the house. A leak developed and I had to replace the pipe. I tried to file a claim and was told that I was 5 1/2 months out of the claim date. Does anyone know of any recousre that I may have with this claim. I have heard that there is a lawyer who will help settle claims that are after the ten year installation period. Does anyone know who takes on this type of claim. Thanks

Replies to this post
There are none.