Re: Choosing a heating system fuel
Posted by Bud..Suncoast Plumbing Inc on June 18, 1998 at 18:06:50:
In response to Re: Choosing a heating system fuel
Chris: Natural gas if available in your area is the wave of the future; the current interest in preservation of the environment clearly indicates
that clean burning gas make good sense.
Check with your local gas supplier, they may be offering a large $ $ $ inducement for you to switch to gas to gas at this time.
The time is coming when all your energy needs including electrical will be supplied by way of a pipe connection to your home.
Hydrogen is the fuel of the 21st Century, and with it will the domestic Fuel Cell that will convert it to electricity..water..A/C..and heat.

: This may be a bit off-topic, but...

: I need to replace my forced hot air oil burner (the heat exchanger has a small hole which is patched with a "magic putty" but probably will not last) AND oil tank (it leaks!). The question is:

: Where can I find information that will help me make the correct fuel decision: oil or gas?

: There are so many factors (initial cost, fuel price and price volitility, service, safety, etc.) to consider. I would like to find a balanced discussion of the various pros and cons of each.

: Thanks in advance.

: Chris Van Remoortel
: Marblehead, MA
: (north of Boston on the coast)

Replies to this post
There are none.