Re: REPLACING CAST IRON SEWER LINE
Posted by Moore on October 24, 1999 at 21:43:11:
In response to Re: REPLACING CAST IRON SEWER LINE
Look in your Contractor's Blue Book for American Leak Detection Service. They specialize in gauranteeing that they'll pinpoint the leak in a pressure line. Your sewer lines can be air pressurized if need be, simply enough, to pinpoint the leaking areas, but there may be more leaks. They will be able to recommend an epoxy repair company thet will send a video camera through the entire line (and make a tape copy for you) and locate the leaks. In California we use the camera with an epoxy adapter that will epoxy the leak from inside the line, smooth seal the repair, video the results, and supply a warrantee. If American Leak Detection isn't available to you try Grainger's Tool and Equipment Supply, or 3M (Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing) or you can call Kirwan Corporation in Anaheim California at (714) 939-6887. They're an authorized agent for 3m Fire Barrier products, and they can probably hook you up with a 3M agent nearer to you.

Good Luck

: I AM LOOKING FOR A METHOD TO REPAIR 4" CAST IRON SEWER LINE WITHOUT REPLACING THE ENTIRE LINE

: I AM THE CONSTRUCTION SUPER IN LOVELAND CO WITH AN APARTMENT BUILDING CONST IN 1974.
: THE 4" SEWER LINE IS 150' LONG BURIED UNDER 8" CONCRETE SLAB.
: THE BOTTOM SECTION OF THE SEWER LINE HAS RUSTED OUT AND I NEED TO REPLACE OR REPAIR
: TO KEEP FLUIDS FROM LEACHING INTO GROUND

: ONE METHOD IS TO JACK HAMMER SLAB, DIG DOWN TO SEWER LINE AND REPLACE WITH
: 4" PVC. THAT PROCESS IS COSTING ABOUT $175/LF. I AM LOOKING FOR A METHOD
: OF LINING & SEALING THE BOTTOM OF THE PIPE TO REDUCE THE REPAIR COST.

: I HAVE 9 BUILDINGS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. EACH BUILDING HAS APPROX 220 FT OF LINE
: WHICH NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. AT $175/LF THAT GETS TOO EXPENSIVE.

: PLEASE ADVISE RESOURCES OR METHODS OF SOLVING THIS PROBLEM

: THANKS

Replies to this post
There are none.