Re: thermal expansion tank for water heater
Posted by Terry Love on October 15, 1999 at 03:15:25:
In response to Re: thermal expansion tank for water heater

: A month ago water started flowing from the water heater relief value when the water was heating. I've heard rumors that I need a Thermal Expansion Tank. What is a Thermal expansion tank and why now do I suddenly need one. What is cost?

Check water pressure in the home first. It should be below 80 PSI. Is the relief valve old? Could there be a check valve added at the water meter? Many of the new meters have check valves now.

If your Plumbing Code requires a Backflow preventer, Check Value or Pressure Reducing Valve, You will need an expansion tank.

Replies to this post
There are none.