Re: Cultured marble shower panels
Posted by Terry Love on October 15, 1999 at 02:57:34:
In response to Re: Cultured marble shower panels

: I am installing new cultured marble shower panels over new cement board. What type of saw and blade should I use to cut the panels to the exact size. Also what type of adhesive should be used. The store recommended 100% silicone adhesive but I cannot find it at my local home center.

Chuck,
I use panel adhesive over greenboard for cultured marble installations. One of the "large" tubes for each panel. For the seams, I use Silicone caulking. Remember to shim the panels up and caulk the bottom also.

For cutting the panels, a masonry blade on your circular saw will do. Masking tape is easier to see than a pencil line for cutting. Hole saws work for the faucet. If you are cutting in soap dishs, keep the cutouts rounded to prevent a crack from starting. Taping the dish in place until the Silicone dries is a good idea. Be careful when working with the panels, that nothing can come in contact with them at this point. They are very easy to scratch. Cleaning with GelGloss can be done after the job is done and the Silicone has dried. Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.