Re: Washing Machine
Posted by Moore on October 13, 1999 at 21:29:30:
In response to Re: Washing Machine
Where the hot and cold water hoses screw into the back of the washing machine they screw into a mixing valve that is just inside the sheet metal cover. Take all the screws off the perimeter of the sheet metal back of the washing machine and you'll see a plastic valve that has electric wires coming out of it. The valve has electric coils that open and close the cold (and hot) water as the machine fills. Shut off the water at the valves to the hoses. Drian the water left in the hoses into a dishpan. Unscrew the hoses from the mixing valve. Unplug the washer from the outlet. Look at the wires at the mixing valve. They have flattened loops connected to them that slide onto small "spades" with a pair of pliers you can slide these wires off the spades. Remember which color wire goes where. Unscrew the screws holding the mixing valve to the sheet metal cover. Take the mixing valve to an appliance repair shop, or to Sears or Wards or maybe Wal Mart and get another. Screw it back into place. Reconnect the wires to the spade connectors. Re-connect the hoses. put the machine's cover back on. Plug in the machine. Pat yourself on the back.

: When I run my washing machine the cold water will not fill. I have checked the screen on the intake hose and it is not clogged. I have checked the water supply to the intake hose and it is getting cold water. The hot water works fine. For the interim I have swapped the intake hoses so it fills with cold water, when I choose hot water. Do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Replies to this post
There are none.