Low Water pressure....HELP!
Posted by Tara on October 06, 1999 at 21:16:14:
My husband and I purchased our home a week ago and are having a problem with water pressure. We have a drilled well which is 1 year old. We have a pressure tank as well as a filter to remove dirt. When we had the house inspected prior to buying it we were told the filter was put in to remove any metal chards that may have been left from the well being drilled. Also we were told that a pressure tank was nothing to be concerned with. We replaced the fiter cartridge 2 days ago. In order to go find the correct cartridge we had to remove the old one and take it with us. By the time we got back from the store (about 4 hours later) the toilet was full of black water and loads of black sandy dirt. After the new filter was in the pressure was great but today it went back to being really low (to the point of not being able to run water when the toilet has been flushed). My husband did some reading and he is afraid that there may be a clog in the pipeline because of all the dirt. Is this something we should be concerned with? Also what other concerns are there with this much dirt in the water? Should we even drink it? Help! We are at a loss....we are hoping we won't have to drill a new well...Thanks in advance! Tara
p.s. if its not too much trouble could you email me with your response at jdall1@cybertours.com ?

Replies to this post