Re: Types of faucet washers
Posted by hj on October 06, 1999 at 09:07:36:
In response to Re: Types of faucet washers
Theoretically, the number should be the diameter, but it isn't. And the S, M, L, and XL indicate that it is smaller or larger than the one with just a number. The correct size washer will fit the recess with little or no forcing.

: I went to replace the washers on a leaking faucet toda,y and I noticed that in addition to the size of the washer some washers also have alphabet letters on them. What's the difference between a washer that says "1/4" and one that says "1/4L"? How do I know which type to use if the old washer I removed doesn't have any type of designation on it? Also, should the new washer fit easily into the the seat "cup" or should it be a tighter fit where I have to jam it into place? I've never replaced a faucet washer before so I'm uncertain of the details. I understand the basic concept of what to do, though. Thanks for any help and advice.

Replies to this post
There are none.