Types of faucet washers
Posted by Honeytree on October 05, 1999 at 22:49:27:
I went to replace the washers on a leaking faucet toda,y and I noticed that in addition to the size of the washer some washers also have alphabet letters on them. What's the difference between a washer that says "1/4" and one that says "1/4L"? How do I know which type to use if the old washer I removed doesn't have any type of designation on it? Also, should the new washer fit easily into the the seat "cup" or should it be a tighter fit where I have to jam it into place? I've never replaced a faucet washer before so I'm uncertain of the details. I understand the basic concept of what to do, though. Thanks for any help and advice.

Replies to this post