Re: Drilling Cast iron
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service on October 04, 1999 at 22:03:07:
In response to Re: Drilling Cast iron
: I had my cast iron tub reglazed recently and the
: overflow was covered over/patched (I think) ,so
: now I need to drill or cut a new hole. Do you have
: an idea of the best way to do this? I am concerned about chipping the new finish.
: Thank you for your ideas.
: Regards,
: Robert
Robert, maybe you can put in a tip toe drain in this tub and not have to risk doing any damage. If this hole is filled in I would think it was done with a fiberglass type of material. A new lenox 3" Hole saw should do the trick. Look in the back side of the tub if you have an excess panel and see what is plugging the overflo hole. Hope this helps Dale Peck LMP

Replies to this post
There are none.