Re: Kitchen faucet
Posted by Curt on September 28, 1999 at 07:40:23:
In response to Re: Kitchen faucet
Sounds like your handles are turning without turning the stems. If you like the faucet, and it's from a major manufacturer, you should be able to find replacemanets. There is some kind of cap through which each stem protrudes. Unscrew these and pull out the stem and body of the hot and cold valves. Go to your favorite plumbing supply house and get replacements. Note that hot and cold are different (they turn in opposite directions).

: Hi there..

: We just moved into a new house, and have been having problems with the kitchen faucet from day one. I'll probably confuse you all with my plumbing terminology, but the handles weren't gripping the stem things, so the water wasn't coming on when you turned the handles. the star pattern on the both stems is worn and has mineral deposits caked on. I went to the hardware store, got new handles with these little metal square adapters. they worked for like 2 minutes, but i couldn't get the screws tight enough to keep the adapters from turning right along with the handle. last night i got some plastic square adapters which have no screws and in theory, grip the stem with the star pattern. (i hope somebody knows what i mean). anyway.. it didn't work either, so now i'm wondering what my next step should be. any ideas?

Replies to this post
There are none.