Re: Mixing Toilets and Pedestal Lavatories from Different Mfg's
Posted by Terry Love on September 26, 1999 at 21:37:26:
In response to Re: Mixing Toilets and Pedestal Lavatories from Different Mfg's

: As a follow up to the question below on Traditional toilets in powder rooms, I am considering the Toto Provincial for a powder room.

: I'm wondering if a Toto Provincial in #02 Sedona Beige (I presume this is biscuit) could be combined with a Kohler Portrait Pedestal (K-2221-8)with a Biscuit finish and be a good match in color and style.

The #02 is close to the biscuit color, and the "new" sedona beige, #12 is even a better match. TL

: I would simply use a Toto Provincial Pedestal (LPT530), but I like the backsplash and trim lines on the Portrait model.

Not a good idea to mix and match the lav top and the pedastal stand. TL

: After reading Terry's Consumer Toilet Reports, I'm not sure I want to use a Kohler Portrait toilet. It was not listed in the reveiw and although it may be fine, I would prefer to use a Toto based on Terry's review and the opinion of my local plumbing supply house. Additionally, its too bad Toto doesn't have a Traditional model that uses either the G-Max or Power Gravity system. Apparently, the Provincial is gravity only.

There appears to be a good market for traditional styling in toilets. Many older homes are in need of updating without changing the "period" look of the homes. A good one-piece traditional toilet would be great. TL

: Is mixing manufacturers' generally avoided?

Color matching can create some problems. If all toilets performed equally, there would be little need to mix and match as much. TL

Replies to this post
There are none.