Re: well
Posted by hj on September 06, 1999 at 09:54:07:
In response to Re: well
When the pump is running out of water the pressure should be approaching zero, so a pressure reducing valve on the city side set to about 40# would work. HOWEVER, do not use an antisiphon valve at the connection. That will not give you adequate protection. You must use a REDUCED PRESSURE PRINCIPLE BACKFLOW PREVENTER valve with a check valve after it to prevent your pump water from discharging out of its vent.

: Hi I just discovered a well on my land which gives out approx. 6gpm. I want to use it for my sprinker sytem. The problem I have is for most zones it will not supply enough water. What I want to do but can't yet figure out, is how can I use the well to give me my 6 gpm, but when I need more water the city water kicks in for the BALANCE only. Someone told me to connect both systems in parallel with an anti siphon valve on the city water so the well water doesn't mix with the city water. The problem I have with this is that having 80 psi on the city water and about 50psi on the well, I feel that even though both will be working at the same time the city water will over power the well water. But I want to use the well water to it's max,and the city water only for increased demand since well water is surely better for plants and lawn than chlorinated city water. Is there any type of valves or controls out there which I can use for this.
: Thanks in advance.
: Sal

Replies to this post
There are none.