Kitchen Sink Installation
Posted by Michelle on September 02, 1999 at 02:07:04:
I bought a new cast-iron sink for the kitchen awhile back and now I want to install it. I currently have a 3/4 and 1/4 tub sink (cast-iron too). The new sink is 1/2 and 1/2 tub style. What I am unsure of is... Will I have to re-do all the piping underneath, cause at the moment the disposal is higher up and the main drain piping is lower. When I put in the new sink everything will be cattywampus. Help on that one please, if you understand my problem. As Well another ? while I'm here. I bought all the new parts I thought necessary for the new sink (drainers etc.) I shopped at the Home D. and I'm not sure if they directed me in the proper direction. Can you enlighten me on all the proper items I should have to
1. Install new drains (ex:gasgets, washers or whatever)
2. When I put the new sink against my counter, what do I use to secure the edges. I got somthing called, Tub Seal. Should I have gotten some beading or something like that.
3. What do you charge for pipe replacement estimates in Duvall Wa.? We are in an 87yr. old house and need to do this.
Sorry to be so long winded. My husband is out of town on Bussiness and I want to surprise him upon his return.
So, thanks in advance for your help.
Michelle

Replies to this post