Briggs 4200 Vacuity Vs. American Standard Cadet Vs. Toto
Posted by Mike Bosela on August 30, 1999 at 16:00:55:
Hi Terry,

Thanks for all the help with your web-site. I'm searching for a replacement toilet, and of course am concerned over the 1.6gpf limitation. We just moved from a new home featuring the 1.6gpf toilets made by Church, and were extremely disappointed, of course. In replacing the existing toilet, which I believe was still a 3.0gpf unit, which required a plunger by it's side(I won't mention manufacturer- not fair to them- the previous owners purchased the cheapest toilet they could, thinking they were all the same), I've come across several that are getting my focus, due to availability- the american Standard Cadet, the Briggs 4200 Vacuity, and by reading your review, the ToTo. Main drawback with the Toto is, I don't think anyone carries it in my area. (Elkhart, IN). So, I guess I'm really leaning towards the Briggs 4200 and AM Cadet. I've got an American Standard which has not plugged-up since we've lived here; it's a Siphon-Jet style, unfortunately I don't know the model #. It's relatively older, and I'm guessing it's at least a 3gpf model. Any further experience or thoughts with the Briggs Vacuity? I've been seeing some good responses over the net about it, as well, in Toto's favor, of it. The price of the Toto vs. Briggs might make Brigg's the winner, however. I also read a response about the Briggs Vacuity by someone stating that this appeared to be a "finely- balanced" system, referring to it as though it could "backfire", and not work well all of the time, depending on various conditions of use- any thoughts?

Thank You kindly for you or any of your readers responses.

Good Luck,

Mike Bosela
mbosela@gte.net

Briggs Vacuity