Re: Bathroom remodel choices
Posted by Terry Love on August 06, 1999 at 02:56:35:
In response to Re: Bathroom remodel choices

: Terry,
:
: First - accolades for your site! How do you get any plumbing done when you keep up this fantastic web site?

Thanks, Many of the hours are spent in the evenings.

: Now the question: I'm remodeling a small (5'X9') bathroom in a 50 year old house, one of those post war tract houses. I expect to live in the house the rest of my life, so I'm trying to set it up to suit me - not for resale. Would like your opinion on the following.

: Toilet - The Am Stand Antiquity has the look I like. Do you have any knowledge re reliabilty and 'flushability'?

The Antiguity has a nice look to it. I would say that it's flush is no more than average. The New Cadet with the siphon jet flushing has a better flush. (not the Cadet II) TL

: Tub - Am considering the Jacuzzi Cetra Whirlpool as a replacement tup. It's flanged so I can still use a shower. Any comments on this product or comapny? Hints?

This tub is easy to install, and runs fairly quiet. Plug it in and you're ready. TL

: Wall surround - Have found a product called Pionite that can be molded into a seamless surround. Seems very durable. Any experiance or advice on this?

The Pionite is a counter top laminate like Formica or Wilson Art. I use these for less expensive jobs. They are a good value for the money, When installed with a 32" wide tub like the Cetra, they can run the laminate past the tub three inches or so and add "legs" down the front of the tub. It is prefered over the three piece tub wall kits that are designed for only covering the top part of a standard 30" tub. TL

: Sink - Will fit a 24X18 vanity. Most I've found have no overflow drain. Is this a new thing? I don't recall ever having a sink with no overflow before. What are the pros and cons?

If the tub is 32" and you allow 30" for the toilet, you would wind up with 46" inches. A 42"x21" cabinet would fit fine I would think. It may be that you can only fit the 24" cabinet. If that is the case, consider buying a good quaility top for it. The good ones come with the overflow that you mentioned. This way, you won't ruin the floor if someone forgets to turn the water off.
Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.