Re: cast iron overflow drain
Posted by hj on August 03, 1999 at 10:53:45:
In response to Re: cast iron overflow drain
You would have to know the manufacturer, and even then you would not likely find the piece. I have never seen a separate cast-iron overflow fitting. Kohler once had a brass separate overflow on some sinks. Are you sure it is not a pressed steel overflow welded to the exterior of the bowl.?

: I have a bathroom sink in a house built in the 50's. The overflow drain is a cast iron part that attaches on and runs down under the sink where it connects with the drain pipe. I guess modern sinks don't have this part as it is a part of the sink mold itself.

: My cast iron part is broken, rusted, useless. I need to replace it but can not find a part. I've been told to just replace my sink but I'd have to tear up my lovely tile.

: Thanks in advace!

Replies to this post
There are none.