Re: substitute for brass toilet flange?
Posted by hj on July 28, 1999 at 08:03:49:
In response to Re: substitute for brass toilet flange?
Assuming that you have a true lead bend, then there is no compression type flange that will work. The lead is very soft, and an external clamp on will compress it and loosen, but an internal one will expand it. I would have replaced the bend with a cast iron one when the floor was removed.

: I am remodeling my bathroom and removed the leaded on
: brass flange to replace the flooring. Is there a flange available that does not need to be leaded on in
: this application? I have seen the type that slip
: inside and have four screws that cause a rubber gasket
: to flare, but am not sure if these can be used with
: lead as well as cast iron.

Replies to this post
There are none.