Re: Kohler 3434 "Rosario Lite"
Posted by Terry Love on July 19, 1999 at 11:10:58:
In response to Re: Kohler 3434 "Rosario Lite"
: I've been noticing that water is leaking into the bowl after it has been flushed and filled (Kohler 3434
: Rosario Lite). I went to my local hardware store and picked up a flapper, but the problem still exists.
: I fiddled around with the housing that the flapper is attached to and got not better results. I then
: checked the troubleshooting section of my Kohler Installation Instructions (came with the toilet).
: They list the sympton: "Value turns on/off by itself without being flushed." Considering the other
: symptom choices, this one fits best. They suggest that I "inspect, clean, and if necessary, replace
: flapper and/or seat." I imagine that housing is what they are calling a seat (even though their
: graphic breakdown of the toilet parts calls it a Flush Valve. I guess my question is: How do I clean
: this thing (it isn't that dirty) AND more importantly, do I need to replace it to get my toilet to quit
: leaking water?

I would try a newer flapper before I replaced the flush valve assembly. Check for any rough or nicked edge on the seat of the flush valve. Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.