Use of Plumber's Putty
Posted by Ralph V. Emmerich on May 23, 1998 at 18:33:37:
Today a customer in the hardware store where I work said that he had some black crud coming out of the base of his kitchen faucet. I thought that this might be a deteriorating gasket. Does that seem right? I sold him some plumber's putty to reseal the base of the faucet with, after loosening the nuts underneath. I didn't tell him to remove the old gasket, though now in retrospect I think I should have (if I'm right about the problem and the solution).

By the way, I got in touch with the customer whom I sold an indoor dryer vent kit to (for her gas dryer). Thank you very much for your advice.


Ralph Emmerich

Replies to this post