Posted by Terry Love on May 23, 1998 at 13:04:10:
In response to Re: DRAIN LOCATION

: I am moving a kitchen sink but do not want to put plumbing in the wall

Current plumbing codes� require a vent near the p-trap of a fixture taken off at the same level of the p-trap. Vents are run through the roof, except for two other methods.
1) An Island sink vent with a loop vent that has a "foot" vent� that makes it through the roof at some point.
2) The use of an air emitter valve, like the Studor.�

The water supply lines should be near the back of the cabinet. 8" separation.

Sealing a self rimming sink can be done with either Polyseamseal (water based) or Silicone seal (alcohol based)


Replies to this post
There are none.