Re: Any tricks to removing the cleanout stub from a Cast Iron Pipe?
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service on May 21, 1999 at 22:39:33:
In response to Re: Any tricks to removing the cleanout stub from a Cast Iron Pipe?
: I am installing a sewage ejection system into my basement. My plan is to remove the 3 1/2" clean out plug on the end of my main trunk line out to my septic tank and extend it with a wye connector. I would then have my 2" discharge line from the pump go into the wye and re-insert a new clean-out on the other side.

: Are there any tricks to getting the stub out? I tried using a pipe wrench with a cheater bar, but the square nut broke off? Now what? Any ideas.

: Any help would be appreciated!

: P.S. - Is there anything wrong with what I am proposing?

Jimbo, are you removing a plug from a cast iron clean out? I would drill out the lead and work out the lead and oakum from the hub and go back with a piece of 4" and put a 4x2 wye there. If it is 3" use a piece of 3" and a ty seal gasket and a 3x2 wye. do not forget to install the check valve and gate valve and drill a 5/16" hole just above the pump in the discharge line. vent wih 2" out the roof or tie into an existing 2" vent line. like bud said follow the manufactures instructions. Dale.

Replies to this post
There are none.