Re: Bath Room Remodeling
Posted by Steve on May 14, 1999 at 16:38:13:
In response to Re: Bath Room Remodeling
Go to the AS Web site (http://www.us.amstd.com/scripts/) and enter the professional side. Drill down to bath tubs, and there will be Adobe pdf spec and installation sheets that you can open and print or down load. So far, I've only seen this degree of Web information from AS. The installation, as you'll see, is fairly simple and isn;t likely to be screwed up by a professional.

: I am remodeling my bathroom, and replacing my tub. IAfter great debate I chose the Americast tub over a traditional cast iron tub. This a secound floor bath, and I was told there was no reason to put the extra weight of a cast iron tub. Is the true. I am having a contractor install the Americast tub, and I was wondering how can I make sure he sets the tub properly? What is the procedure for this tub. My father-in-law and I are going to do all the tiling, but my contractor was going to remove the toilet and vanity. That way we can tile the whole room. How shoulf the toilet and sink plumbing be left after he removes it? Also we have older plumbing in my house. It is about 20 years old and it has the ABS fittings. They are black in color. The contractor is going to switch then to the newer white plumbing. Is there any problems I can run into this by switching?

: Thanks for the advice. I can really use it.

: Marc Schulwolf
: mwolf123@hotmail.com

Replies to this post
There are none.