Re: fire ring installation
Posted by Bud..Suncoast Plumbing Inc. on May 04, 1999 at 20:41:52:
In response to Re: fire ring installation
Scott: It is extremely important that you get good sound advice from someone knowledgeable in the construction and operation of your fire ring installation.
Last year a neighbor that lives across the street constructed a fire ring in his backyard.
He purchased it unassembled in a box from a dealer listed in the back of a Popular Mechanix type magazine.
I knew right away when that big package was delivered, that something was wrong. The name stenciled on the box said "ACME FIRE RING KIT".. complete with KA-BOOM LIGHTER and FLAME CONTROL.
I should have told George (the neighbor)of my misgivings when I saw the manufacturers name on the bottom of the shipping container....."ROAD RUNNER ENTERPRISES".
Fortunately we were away on vacation when George finished his project, and lit it for the first time. Where Georges' house once stood there is only a 12' deep hole. My house along with eight others close by was blown flat by the force of the explosion. George was a batchelor and lived alone...no one has seen him since.
Please keep me posted on your progress, but do be careful....Bud.

Replies to this post
There are none.