Re: replumbing estimate
Posted by Terry Love on May 04, 1999 at 20:25:36:
In response to Re: replumbing estimate

: : I have a weird house. A vent for the kitchen peninsula sink was used as an end support for overhead cabinets. I want to remodel and remove these cabinets. This would leave the vent in the middle of the kitchen. The closest exterior wall has upper glass panels. The drain services the sink and dishwasher. Any options for removing this vent? Or to be code must there be one within 5 feet? Could I run the vent outside the exterior wall possibly? Thanks mucho for any info.

The vent pipe could be run on the outside of the home if it is covered, (Bellevue inspectors)
It sounds like you are thinking of an Island vent, with the required foot vent in another wall. We do them all the time. A Studor vent would be nice in this situation, however, Bellevue inspectors don't like them.

Replies to this post
There are none.