Re: Lead vs. PVC shower pan?
Posted by Keiko Takahashi on March 30, 1999 at 11:54:15:
In response to Re: Lead vs. PVC shower pan?
Dear Lil,

The Tile Redi Waterproof Shower Module is guaranteed for a life time not to leak, thus eliminating your current delema.
It is relatively inexpensive (Under$200.00 US) and ceremics and marble can be applied directly to it's surface.
It is quick and easy to install, eliminating up to three days in construction time! This is because, with this module, the need for conventional mudding of sidewall and floors is completely eliminated.
For further information please visit the Tile Redi website at http://www.tileredi.com
Or, for a detailed information package complete with installation instruction and diagrams, please contact our office either by phone/e-mail and provide a current mailing address.

1-888-445-TILE
We are currently experiencing ongoing technical difficulties with our toll free line. As we are in the proccess of amending this situation, we apologize for any inconvenience caused.
954-971-0209

I will gladly answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Sincerely yours,

Keiko Takahashi
Tile Redi

: I'm remodeling a bathroom and the plumbing contractor wants to install a PVC shower pan instead of a lead one. Both are code in my area and the specs call for "plumbing the shower to code". He tells me that all lead liners corrode out and lead within 15 years but I've lived in houses built in the 1950's, with lead pans, that have never leaked. Is he trying to sell me on a cheaper pan (since the total cost of the job has already been agreed to) or is PVC really a better option?
: Thanks in advance,

: Lil

Replies to this post
There are none.