Polybutylene pipe connections
Posted by Greg Peters on March 15, 1999 at 22:31:09:
My house is piped with polybutylene pipe, and I want to add a sink. The pipes in the vicinity have
plastic elbows with copper crimp rings. I need to either add a tee to a straight piece, or replace one
of the elbows with a tee. Problem is, I don't know how to work with polybutylene. What kind of fittings
should I get, and how do I install them? Do I need to worry about whether I'm in a hot or cold line?
The "expert" at the home center said I could use CPVC fittings and solvent glue. Is this right?


Replies to this post