Re: Basement shower base
Posted by Keiko Takahashi on March 09, 1999 at 16:26:05:
In response to Re: Basement shower base
: I have inherited from previous owner a rough shower stall in the basement in which he used a floor drain and built its walls using cement blocks, painting the whole thing including the still-exposed pipes with epoxy paint, very shiny. I want to redo the whole thing, furring out the walls and using cement backer-board, tiling it entirely. Question, since it was built on the basement concrete floor, should I still use a waterproof membrane for its floor? Any advice on furring out the cement block walls to ensure a permanent installation. Thanks for your help (and for this great informative system you have instigated here).

Dear Mr. Branner,
Our Tile Redi Waterproof Shower Module is a possible solution for your basement shower. As our module completely eliminates the conventional method of mudding the shower floor, it will save you up to 3 days in construction time! It is an inexpensive method of installing a shower that you can do yourself. It is guaranteed not to leak and ceramics can be applied directly to it's surface. Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me through
e-mail.

Replies to this post
There are none.