Re: plumbing for claw foot tubs
Posted by dale's plumbing service on March 07, 1999 at 18:54:10:
In response to Re: plumbing for claw foot tubs
: I am currently gut rehabbing an 1887 three-family house.
: I am putting in salvaged claw foot tubs on the 1st and 2nd floors.
: I have heard that code requires pressure balanced plumbing no matter waht.
: The guy at Home Depot said it was not available and I'd have to lose the tubs.
: I'm supplying fixtures, and my plumber has been more or less useless in giving
: info or advice. I saw a pressure balance set at bathandmore.com but it is out of
: my buget, way nicer than I need, and doesn't look like it has a shower head.
: What can I do? Where else can I get these sort of supplies that is maybe a little
: more basic and less expensive? I got the tubs for $150, but fittings are far
: more $$$. I'm even considering putting the plumbing in the wall as if it were
: a normal tub (both the tubs and the spaces they go in are 5' long, so there's no
: room for a shower supply without building a space in the wall for it anyways), have
: you ever seen this done?
:

wendi, i'm sure ther is a way to fix you up. if you want install a delta scald guard faucet in the wall near the tub, then put a regular claw foot faucet on the tub. pipe hot and cold from scald guard to the tub faucet.that line is the same as comming from the spout of the scald guard faucet.pipe it to the hot and cold of the claw foot faucet. just leave the hot and cold open all the time.this faucet will act as your spout to fill the tub. use a hand held shower from the scald guard faucet. you may need a vacumn breaker on hand held shower. just a wild idea for your budget and what you need.please other plumbers,don't laugh to loud. it just may work for wendi.

Replies to this post
There are none.