Re: No Hot Water Pressure
Posted by Terry Love on March 06, 1999 at 20:50:13:
In response to Re: No Hot Water Pressure
: : Could be small or big. Sometimes "crud" to use the technical term, can get in the valve stem area. Removal and cleaning of the stem may be a help. Sometimes, problems are more involved. It could be that pipe has closed down. It will take a bit of detective work to come up with a solution. Terry

: : : The hot water in my Bathtub trickles out very slowly. It literaly takes 45 Minutes to fill the Tub. The pressure in my sink ( hot and cold) was low and I canged the Screen Trap and now it's fine. The Tub however is just the Hot water. Do I have a serious Pipe problem? And is repairing something like this a Do-It-Yourself item? Or does a Plummer need to come in?
: : : I have a tiled shower, and seperate Hot/Cold taps. I ahve no problem breaking into the tile if need be - I just want my hot water back... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

: take the stem out of the faucet and try flushing it out.sometimes removing the seat in the faucet will allow a larger piece of foriegn mat to pass.Dale

I still prefer the term "crud" but hey! Okay, we'll let "foreign matter" slip by. At least we hope all matter of "crud" and "foreign matter" will indeed slip by and the hot water assumes it's natural course. Full flow ahead! Terry

Replies to this post