Water Pressure Swings
Posted by AC on February 26, 1999 at 17:32:04:
Our home has well water. The water enters the house through piping in the basement wall, goes into a holding tank, through a water softener and then piped throughout the house. When we run the water, the pressure gauge on the "raw" water from the well fluctuates very frequently from about 25 to 70 psi. The result is that we get high and low pressure waves at frequencies of about 5 seconds between high peaks. Does the holding tank need to be changed (it looks about the size of a small barrel... only 2 ft tall and about 16" dia.), or is it the pump, pressure switch or other? Thanks for your help.

Replies to this post