Re: Hot and Cold Water Mix
Posted by hj on February 08, 1999 at 09:28:40:
In response to Re: Hot and Cold Water Mix
Your MOEN outer sleeve is stuck in the valve. You will only have one try at getting it out so you should call a plumber. There are four different removal tools, and each situation can require a different one. It appears that you have used the first one already. DO not use drills, chisels,etc., as some customers have, or you will be replacing the faucet in the wall. If you have other single handle faucets, they can also be the source of the mixing.

: It seems that we are getting cold water mixed in with our hot water. If I turn off the supply to the water heater, I still get cold water through the hot water taps. We also have a problem with cold showers, particularly in the afternoon, even though the water heater is turned up high and the water is hot. Could water pressure be a cause?
: Finally, I have tried to change the guts of the single handle valve in the shower and cannot get the outer sleeve out. The inner spool has come out by pooping the snap ring past the groove, but the outer sleeve is stuck even though it will turn. Any suggestions on how to get it out?

Replies to this post
There are none.