Re: Water Heater Dip Tube removal
Posted by Terry Love on February 06, 1999 at 15:47:27:
In response to Re: Water Heater Dip Tube removal

You will need to use a pipe wrench, and a lot of muscle. Most replacement dip tubes are plastic and I would suggest a brass pipe nipple instead of a galvanized one. Terry

: My water heater dip tube is breaking up and needs to be replaced.
: I would like to know the way to remove the threaded nipple that mounts
: in the top of the heater and holds the dip tube. Mine is very rusty
: and I'm afraid to much pressure may snap off the nipple.
: Any help will be most appreciated.

Replies to this post
There are none.