Re: Water Heater Warranties and Quality
Posted by Ed Anderson on October 05, 2002 at 12:38:40:
In response to Re: Water Heater Warranties and Quality
: : Warranties appear to run 6 to ten years. I was wondering what you think about the
: : buying the longer warranty products. I have been told that there is not that much difference
: : in the products - that you just pay more for the extra protection.
: : Also is there really any significant difference in the quality of the major brands -
: : in my area A.O. Smith, State, Lowes Envirotemp(sp.?). Home Depot GE-Rheem, and Rheem
: : are probably the main ones? Or should one just seek the best price assumming the
: : size and warranties are the same.
: : Thanks for your thoughts.
: : Mac

:
: Mac: As far as i'm concerned the water heaters are all made in the same building and go out different doors with different labels on them. If you are buying an extened warrenty you are paying for a new heater in advance. If your water conditions are such that a heater does not last more than 5-7yrs you may want to get the extened warrenty as heaters may jump in price. You will still have to pay for installation after the first year. Dale Peck LMP

I purchassed a new home less than 5 years ago. My water heater model # FGR 40 236, Ser # GD96-3067929-R99, Part # FGR 40- F00N010R99. The water doesn't stay hot for very long, less that 3 min. Luke warm after that, and all of my faucets are plugged with the dip stick tube material, not calcium or hard water. How can I get a warrenty claim filed?
Thank you for your help,
Ed

Replies to this post
There are none.