Re: toilet tank replacement
Posted by Elizabeth Riney on September 17, 2002 at 19:34:23:
In response to Re: toilet tank replacement
I don't have a solution, but I do have another toilet question. We special ordered an American Standard toilet to fit a 10" rough in. The toilet bowl fits great, but the tank wobbles front to back and we can't tighten it enough to keep it from wobbling once the water fills it. Help.!

Toilet tanks are not generic. An Eljer tank will not fit a Briggs bowl and vice versa. In addition the 1.6gpf tanks were redesigned so that they would not fit 3.5 gpf bowls. The 1.6 tank will not flush your toilet even if you can get it to fit.

: : our toilet tank was leaking from the back,i realized that it was cracked underneath. i went to home depot and bought a new one:Eljer savoy 1.6g/6l 126
: : but the original was from briggs model: 4980-A
: : and i can't seem to find it anywhere, can you please help me? i need to find out where i can find briggs & eljer toilte tanks with a full picture of them, so i can see how everything goes back. for some reason the hose that connect from the wall to the tank is too short, and i'm having problems, what should i do? can you help?
: : sincerely juan/chino

Replies to this post
There are none.